Despite being one of the hottest names available on the free agent market, wideout Odell Beckham Jr. still has yet to find a new home after sitting out the 2022 season.
While many believe Beckham remains unsigned because he’s requested $20M a season from potential suitors, on Saturday, the three-time Pro Bowler set the record straight on Twitter.
“I’m just so confused where the quote is from me that said I want 20,” Beckham Tweeted. “All I’m saying is 4 AIN’T enough.”
It’s hard to say which is more shocking, that Beckham would demand $20M after missing a full season or that one potentially interested team offered him only $4M yearly.
Speculation over Beckham’s asking price goes back to the 2022 season, but Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reaffirmed the reports last week, saying the wideout “still has that number in mind.”
Beckham hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in Super Bowl LVI while with the Los Angeles Rams. He flirted with a return during the 2022 campaign, visiting several teams, including the Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, and the New York Giants, with whom he began his career in 2014. However, Beckham ultimately stayed a free agent throughout the season.
Earlier this month, Beckham held a workout in Arizona, looking like his old self. Beckham was cutting on a dime, running fluid routes and rising to snatch passes out of the air, showing no ill effects from ACL surgery a year ago.
Along with the Giants and Bills, the Rams, Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, and San Francisco 49ers were in attendance, per CBS Sports Jonathan Jones.
Even with plenty of interested teams, a signing doesn’t feel imminent. However, a reunion with the Giants could be gaining more steam. This week, Beckham told Giants’ running back Saquon Barkley via Twitter to contact general manager Joe Schoen, declaring that he had “more s— left to do” in New York.